4 Trends in Open

Written by: Christine Geith

Primary Source: Christine Geith

Open knowledge, OER, Translational Scholars and MOOCs – 4 Trends it was a pleasure to share this week during an ICRISAT workshop. It sounds like they will begin making use of some of our open content in urban agriculture and food safety. ICRISAT recently launched Explore It!  – an open knowledge repository. “EXPLOREit embodies the spirit of the CGIAR’s open access policy, currently under final review for approval, which advocates full and ready access to all the knowledge resources of the fifteen international Centers. “

Christine Geith
What my LinkedIn profile doesn’t tell you: I’ve been fortunate to help found two pioneering university departments for online learning and I’ve helped co-create about a dozen organizations – from airline supply and computer training to 4 non-profit education technology organizations. I was a founding board member of a global for-profit education services company and I’m an advisor for edtech startups. I serve as Provost and Executive Director of Michigan State University MSUglobal Knowledge and Learning Innovations MSUglobal. I’m an artist creating nature-inspired paintings with acrylics and digital light on my iPhone and iPad. I’m also a bio energy healing practitioner and president-elect of the National Association for Esoteric Healing.