MAET Bridge: Technologies to Support Language Teaching

Today, I had the wonderful opportunity to host the fourth installment of the MAET Bridge, a webinar series hosted by the MSU Master of Arts in Educational Technology program. This installment focused on technology integration in second language classrooms, and despite some technical glitches (which seem to accompany me whenever I work with the series), we had a wonderful conversation! Technology and second language teaching are both topics near and dear to my heart, but, as I mention during the webinar, I have plenty of my own questions on this subject. I therefore felt very lucky to be able to listen to Chin-Hsi Lin, Rehab Rajab, Jamie Perry, and Jean-Pierre Heussaff as they shared some of their experience and expertise with me and all the language teachers who tuned in… and who will yet tune in! The webinar has been recorded, and I’ve embedded the YouTube video below.

I’d like to repeat here one quick thought that I shared near the end of our discussion today. Michelle Hagerman, the coordinator and regular host of the Bridge webinar series, commented after the first installment of the series that each of the two hosts and three speakers who participated in that conversation held a passport from a different country. I felt that we continued in that vein today, with the wide range of native languages and classroom languages that we represented. I’m happy to be associated with a program that has such strong connections all over the world! In the minutes before and after the recording, I got to listen in as three people living on three different continents reminisced about their shared experiences as friends of MAET program – I look forward to developing my own such friendships as I continue to work with our students, alumni, faculty, and other friendly faces!