Spencer writes in the library, part 31: In tribute to… medical technology?

This episode of Spencer Writes in the Library took place Thursday, February 12th around 1:15pm.

The Spot

Where am I working today?

I decided to change things up and go to the third floor of the west wing of the library. It turns out that there are some hidden treasures up here, too, so I’ll be discovering new spots for weeks to come.

What’s a perk of this spot?

The electrical outlets at each desk are very handy.

What’s a problem with this spot?

I used to like having a “shelf” at the top of a library desk, but now that I use a stand with my laptop, I find that it kind of gets in the way.

What have I learned in this spot?

I suppose it’s not that surprising to see a particular part of the library dedicated to a person or to a cause, but it still surprised me that someone would sponsor the desk next to mine in tribute to “the profession of medical technology.”

How would I rate this spot?

4 out of 5 dentists. (Why dentists?)

The Work

What am I working on today?

I’m still waiting to hear back from a statistics consultant, so I spent some more time fiddling with my R code and collecting the data that I’ll eventually be applying my statistical tests to.

What’s the highlight from today’s work?

I couldn’t figure out an efficient way to do this with R, so I spent some time manually identifying and recording each of the 199 educational board games that I’ll be looking at for my practicum study.