Open datasets for educational use

Written by: Josh Rosenberg

Primary Source:  Joshua M. Rosenberg –  April 27, 2016

I’ve been interested in compiling open datasets for educational use. I’m especially interesting in datasets that may be appropriate for K-12 use, so I think it is important the data are a) cleaned and b) possibly relevant / interesting. Here are those I have come across after an initial search:

There are a number of other lists of datasets as well, many of which may be suitable for educational use. Here are a few of those I have come across:

Joshua M. Rosenberg is a Ph.D. student in the Educational Psychology and Educational Technology program at Michigan State University. In his research, Joshua focuses on how social and cultural factors affect teaching and learning with technologies, in order to better understand and design learning environments that support learning for all students. Joshua currently serves as the associate chair for the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) Special Interest Group in the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. Joshua was previously a high school science teacher, and holds degrees in education (M.A.) and biology (B.S.).