Exhibit Preparation Tips & Tricks

Written by: Bexx Caswell-Olson

Primary Source: Wallace Conservation Lab, July 7, 2016

A few weeks ago I gave a poster presentation on exhibit preparation at the Michigan Archival Association annual meeting. Thanks to our Graphic Services department, my poster looked super awesome!
Because I couldn’t include as much information as I...
A few weeks ago I gave a poster presentation on exhibit preparation at the Michigan Archival Association annual meeting.  Thanks to our Graphic Services department, my poster looked super awesome!

Because I couldn’t include as much information as I would have liked on my poster, I made a LibGuide that has links to instructions for making your own mounts, print resources, and a list of suppliers.  A full size .PDF of my poster is also on the site. You can see it here.

Bexx Caswell-Olson
Before migrating to Michigan and beginning work at the MSU Libraries Wallace Conservation Lab, Bexx Caswell-Olson was employed as a bookbinder and book conservator in private practice in Iowa City, IA. Prior to running her own business, Bexx spent nearly a decade living in the Boston area where she worked in a variety of libraries and conservation labs, including those at Harvard and MIT. She is Vice President of the Guild of Book Workers, a national organization for those working in bookbinding, book conservation, and the book arts. Bexx holds a Certificate in Bookbinding from the North Bennet Street School and a Master’s of Library Science from Simmons College. In addition to her passion for bookbinding, Bexx also has an affinity for typography, bibliomysteries, seed bead weaving, and vegan baking.