Written by: Leigh Graves Wolf
Primary Source: Leigh Graves Wolf – October 11, 2016
Leigh Graves Wolf
It’s my 7th year blogging for Ada Lovelace Day! It’s one of my favorite days to blog & celebrate amazing women. This year I would like to thank Dr. Sue Black AND the amazing Mary Carty who introduced me to Dr. Black!
Dr. Sue Black is simply incredible – and generous of her time on social media and an inspiration to me! Dr. Black OBE FBCS FRSA (born 1962) is a British computer scientist, academic and social entrepreneur. She has been instrumental in saving Bletchley Park, the World War II codebreaking site. (wikipedia) She wrote Saving Bletchley Park. You can find all ways to engage and connect with her here: https://about.me/sueblack
Mary Carty is also simply incredible. Mary is Executive Director @LaunchPadNUIG, CoFounder @OutboxIncubator, Advisor @stemettes,
#womenintech, speaker, author #outboxin #tech #startups #arts (twitter). The MAET program was extremely lucky to work with Mary & the LaunchPad team in Galway this summer and I was extremely lucky to gain a mentor, friend and champion. My mind is constantly running with ways to continue collaborations and support in formal and informal ways.
Follow Dr. Black & Mary to be inspired to action!
Add your story!
On October 11th, 2016 write a blog post about your STEM heroine and add it to our collection: Just follow these simple steps:
- Write about a woman in science, technology, engineering or maths whose achievements you admire.
- Publish your story online.
- Add your story to our collection.
- Tell your friends!
2015 Post – Thank you Kimberly Bryant
2014 Post – Thank you MSU Women in Computing (WIC)
2013 Post – Thank you Dr. Kyla McMullen
2012 Post – Thank you Mary, Pam & Catherine
2011 Post – Thank you Dr. Caroline Haythornthwaite
2010 Post – Thank you Dr. Catherine Mohr
Latest posts by Leigh Graves Wolf (see all)
- #JALTCALL2017 Virtual Plenary | Design thinking: Going from practice to theory and theory to practice - June 17, 2017
- ETOM Summer Retreat 2017 Recap – #ETOM17 - June 11, 2017
- #4T2017 Keynote Recap & Recording: What is it you do again? Discussing the intents, purposes & vocabularies surrounding learning design - May 22, 2017