New publication: For all intents and purposes: Twitter as a foundational technology for teachers

Primary Source:  Spencer Greenhalgh

screen-shot-2016-10-18-at-15-31-01

An study I carried out with my friends and colleagues Josh Rosenberg and Leigh Graves Wolf was recently accepted into E-Learning and Digital Media‘s upcoming special issue on Twitter and Education. While the issue itself isn’t out yet, the “online first” version of the article has just gone up. The study grew out of our work with Michigan State University’s Master of Arts in Educational Technology program—in particular, we were interested in exploring the different purposes that Twitter serves for students and instructors within the program. What we found was that Twitter serves as a foundational technology—”one capable of supporting teachers’ learning across multiple formal and informal contexts.” While some of this is intentional on the part of the MAET program, we were surprised (and pleased!) to see uses of Twitter that we couldn’t have anticipated despite our familiarity with the program.

The article is available at the link above, and I think I can speak for all three of us when I say that we’d love to hear your feedback!

Latest posts by Spencer Greenhalgh (see all)