New publication: Twitter Hashtags as “Just in Time” Teacher Professional Development

Primary Source:  Spencer Greenhalgh

Over the past year, I’ve been blogging off and on about #educattentats, a Twitter hashtag created by a French social studies teacher in the wake of the November 2015 Bataclan attacks with the intention of helping teachers identify and share resources that would help them address the subject in their classroom.

I’m pleased to announce that a journal article examining this hashtag in greater detail has just been published in a special issue of TechTrends. My advisor, Matt Koehler, and I examined how this Twitter hashtag served as “just-in-time” teacher professional development, lending further insight into teachers’ use of Twitter as a professional development tool.

A read-only version of the article can be found here, and if you have a subscription to TechTrends, you can download the PDF here.

Latest posts by Spencer Greenhalgh (see all)