Written by: Abbey Frazier
Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, January 23, 2017
Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research
- Betsy DeVos’ Accountability Problem (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate David Arsen comments on charter school organization in light of President Donald Trump’s pro-charter school education secretary nominee Betsy DeVos.
- Senate Hearing, DeVos Shows Ignorance Central Debate Over How To Measure Schools (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Josh Cowen discusses measuring educational outcomes with Michigan Radio.
- DeVos Hearing Heats Up The Hill (link is external) IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann is quoted on the nature of presidential nomination hearings.
- Ahead Of Tonight’s State Of The State, Experts Talk State Of Economy, Education, And Environment (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate and MSU economist Charles Ballard gives his take on the Michigan economy.
- Generous Friend Or Reckless Bully: Sushma Swaraj’s Twitter Diplomacy Is A Dangerous Tightrope Walk (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate William Dutton discusses the new role of Twitter in diplomatic relations.
- U-M Study Shows Benefits Of Michigan Expanding Medicaid (link is external) IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist and MSU economist Larry Martin comments on the complexity of repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA.)
- Prevailing Wage Foes Eyeing “All Options” For Repeal (link is external) MPLP Alumni and state Sen. Peter MacGregor begins new legislative session sponsoring prevailing wage repeal bill.
- Thousands Rally In Defense Of The ACA In Michigan (link is external) MPLP Alumni and state Rep. Margaret O’Brien comments on ACA.
- Michigan Democrats Respond To Gov. Snyder’s State Of The State Address (link is external) MPLP Alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh releases video response to State of the State address.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.
Latest posts by Abbey Frazier (see all)
- In Other Words (Week of July 31) - July 31, 2017
- Report: Michigan Lags in Evidence-based Policymaking - July 17, 2017
- In Other Words (Week of July 17) - July 14, 2017