Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, January 30, 2017
Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research
- Michigan’s Stumbling Middle Class (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard, director of the State of the State Survey, discusses a stagnating economy and persistent income inequality in Michigan with Bridge Magazine.
- Teacher Applicants Not Meeting State Expectations (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Sarah Reckhow comments on the teacher shortage in Michigan.
- Michigan Ranked 33rd Most Romantic State In Study By MSU Professor (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate William Chopik ranks states by romantic relationships.
- Betsy Devos’s Michigan Legacy (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Joshua Cowen’s research on school choice policies is cited in recent article.
- 3 Writing Lessons From Infographics (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Karl Gude offers tips on creating graphic visualizations.
- Editorial: Prison A Poor Place For The Mentally Ill (link is external) MPLP Alumni and IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist Tom Watkins Jr comments on mental illness in the criminal justice system.
- Lawmakers Look To Phase Out Michigan Income Tax (link is external) MPLP Alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh is quoted on potential income tax cuts and infrastructure needs.
- State May Force Closure Of Two Schools In Pontiac (link is external) MPLP Alumni and Rep. Tim Greimel discusses potential school closures.
- Capitol Control Concentrated In Mid-Michigan (link is external) MPLP Alumni and Rep. Jeremy Moss chosen as House Minority Whip in new legislative session.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.
Latest posts by Abbey Frazier (see all)
- Independent Streams (Week of April 17) - April 17, 2017
- Labor Force Participation Trends in Michigan and the United States - April 11, 2017
- Independent Streams (Week of April 10) - April 7, 2017