Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, April 17, 2017
Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- In Richmond, High Number Of Homicides Go Unsolved (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate David Carter talks homicide investigation practices in Richmond, Virginia.
- Few Democratic Voters Back Syria Bombings. So Why Do So Many Democrats In Congress? (link is external) IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann discusses foreign policy preferences in the Democratic Party.
- Our Freshwater Lakes Are Getting Saltier (link is external) MSU social scientists find road salt is getting into freshwater lakes in a recent study.
- Michigan’s Role In The Rise Of The Middle Class (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard discusses the Michigan middle class.
- MSU Today 360 Perspective: Get Creative (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Karl Gude discusses encouraging creativity among students.
- Balancing Act Of Education (link is external) IPPSR Affiliate Scott Imberman comments on year-round schooling policies.
- Michigan Income Tax Cut Still In The Works (link is external) MPLP alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh comments on continued efforts to cut the Michigan income tax.
- Snyder Signs Laws Modernizing Criminal Justice System (link is external) MPLP alumnus and state Sens. Margaret O’Brien, Kenneth Horn and Peter MacGregor sponsor criminal justice bills recently signed into law.
- Guest Commentary By Sen. Wayne Schmidt: Our Infrastructure Must Be Improved (link is external) MPLP alumni and state Sen. Wayne Schmidt pens article on infrastructure needs.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.
Latest posts by Abbey Frazier (see all)
- In Other Words (Week of July 31) - July 31, 2017
- Report: Michigan Lags in Evidence-based Policymaking - July 17, 2017
- In Other Words (Week of July 17) - July 14, 2017