New publication: Strategies, Use, and Impact of Social Media for Supporting Teacher Community within Professional Development: The Case of One Urban STEM Program

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 14.17.00

Just over a month ago, an article by Josh Rosenberg, me, Leigh Graves Wolf, and Matt Koehler appeared in the Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching. This is—perhaps obviously—a continuation of some of our previous work on Twitter hashtags in graduate education, but this piece took a particular look at social media use, including Twitter, within the MSU Urban STEM fellowship program that recently wrapped up. Following the #MSUrbanSTEM hashtag on Twitter was one of the highlights of following Twitter hashtags related to MSU’s Master of Arts in Educational Technology program, so we jumped at the opportunity to contribute to a special issue focused on the MSU Urban STEM.

The article can be found here, if you’re interested.