Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, February 24, 2018
On the Left
- Schuette Silent On Environmental Issues(link is external) From Progress Michigan, Bill Schuette’s silence in responding to environmental issues.
- The NRA Is Killing Us And Their Weapon Is The Second Amendment(link is external) From Ramona’s Voices, gun violence in schools and the role of the NRA.
- Enough With The Bonuses, Mr. President*!(link is external) From Eclectablog, President Trump on bonuses for teachers who carry firearms to school.
On the Right
- Michigan Is Not A Windy State(link is external) From Michigan Capitol Confidential, the feasibility of Michigan’s reliance on wind energy for renewables.
- Detroit Schools Will Sell To A Prison, But Not A Charter School(link is external) From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, vacant Detroit Schools building sold to prison.
- Calley Expands Campaign Leadership Team In Governor’s Race(link is external) From West Michigan Politics, Lt. Gov. Calley announces campaign finance team.
Down the Middle
- Michigan Ranks Higher Than Southern Border States In New Immigration Arrests(link is external) From Politically Speaking, Michigan sees jump in ICE arrests.
- We Need Regional Transit To Grow Our Economy. It Shouldn’t Be That Controversial(link is external) From Michigan Future, Inc., the need for regional transportation in economic development.
- Fact Or Fiction? Truth Squad Examines Claims Made By Gubernatorial Candidates(link is external) From Michigan Radio’s Stateside, evaluating claims by Michigan candidates for governor.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.
Latest posts by Abbey Frazier (see all)
- Childhood Lead Exposure in Michigan: It’s Not Just Flint - February 27, 2018
- In Other Words (Week of February 19) - February 24, 2018
- In Other Words (Week of January 22) - January 26, 2018