Written by: Matthew Fletcher
Primary Source : Turtle Talk, February 22, 2018
The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 3/20/18.
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petition was filed in Harvey, et al., v. Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation, et al. (Exhaustion of Tribal Remedies) on 3/7/18.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin
- Tribal lending and tribal sovereignty.
- Beyond trademark: The Washington Redskins case and the search for dignity.
- International Indigenous economic law.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Swinomish Indian Tribal Community v. BNSF Railway Company (Rights-of Way; Trespass)
In the Health & Welfare section we feature an article about an NCAI five-year report on tribal nations exercising the Violence Against Women Act.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
H.R.5317: To repeal section 2141 of the Revised Statutes to remove the prohibition on certain alcohol manufacturing on Indian lands.
Latest posts by Matthew Fletcher (see all)
- Reflections on Justice Kennedy’s Indian Law Legacy - July 6, 2018
- National Indian Law Library Bulletin (6/14/2018) - June 20, 2018
- National Indian Law Library Bulletin (5/29/18) - June 5, 2018