Written by: Donald Heller
Primary Source: The Dean’s Blog
Last week, the College of Education launched its new educational policy blog, Green & Write. The blog, coordinated by faculty member and educational policy expert Rebecca Jacobsen, focuses on four main topics:
- Teacher quality;
- Common Core and curriculum standards;
- Student accountability and assessment; and
- Governance and finance issues.
The purpose of the blog is articulated here:
The pace of change in education today is swift. Trying to keep up, even for those who make education reform their main business, is a challenge. With the collective expertise at the College of Education at Michigan State University, we can help those working to understand the latest reform efforts. Green & Write provides a forum for our faculty to share insights, grounded in some of the best education research available, with a broader audience.
Contributors to the blog will be our faculty and doctoral students who have expertise in these topics. There are already 12 posts published across the four topics, so we hope you’ll take the opportunity to check it out.
Latest posts by Donald Heller (see all)
- A dean’s farewell - December 28, 2015
- Once again, the New York Times misrepresents student debt - November 30, 2015
- Duncan’s higher education legacy - October 6, 2015