Written by: Leigh Graves Wolf
Primary Source: Leigh Graves Wolf
I wouldn’t go as far as calling this a New Year’s resolution, but, I have been feeling very lax in keeping up with journal reading and want to get back on the ball. I do a great job of keeping up with blogs, tweets and books, however, academic journal reading has fallen down on the list and I am working on fixing that. I wholeheartedly blame Google Reader for this – ever since its demise I did not set up an alternate feed reader. Well, I finally had a minute to pick this back up and turned to my favorite website around IFTTT for a solution. I know, I know, RSS is dead, but, while it’s still around I’m going to take advantage of the technology to create a quick fix for my journal reading problems – creating RSS > Evernote recipes for new journal issues using IFTTT.
I created a series of feeds for a handful of journals. Because IFTTT is awesome, I can publish and share them with you as well. Enjoy!!
- Computers and Education – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236380-computers-education-journal-feed
- British Journal of Educational Technology – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236381-british-journal-of-educational-technology
- Journal of Computer Assisted Learning – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236383-journal-of-computer-assisted-learning
- The Internet and Higher Education – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236389-the-internet-and-higher-education
- TechTrends – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236390-techtrends
- American Educational Research Journal – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236392-american-educational-research-journal
- Review of Educational Research – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236393-review-of-educational-research
- Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236395-journal-of-the-american-society-for-information-science-and-technology
- First Monday – https://ifttt.com/recipes/236398-first-monday
- Qualitative Inquiry https://ifttt.com/recipes/236401-qualitative-inquiry
- ACM Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE) –
This list is certainly not exhaustive, I follow other journals on twitter (e.g. https://twitter.com/KairosRTP) and will certainly be adding more along the way. Have a suggestion? Would love to hear your favorites in the comments, bonus points if you create an IFTTT recipe to go along with the suggestion.
IFTTT Recipes for Staying on top of EdTech (and more) Journal Reading by Leigh Graves Wolf is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.leighgraveswolf.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.leighgraveswolf.com.
Latest posts by Leigh Graves Wolf (see all)
- Thank you & Farewell #MSUrbanSTEM - July 6, 2018
- Reflection: #hssvalues Valuing the Syllabus as Scholarship - April 9, 2018
- SITE 2018 The Quickfire Challenge Roundtable: How to fail fast & learn while having fun - March 31, 2018