Written by: Stephen Hsu
Primary Source: Information Processing
We received confirmation from Harvard today that our petitions have been accepted and that our slate will appear on the Overseer ballots. For more information see FreeHarvard.org.
Our slate: Ralph Nader, Ron Unz, Lee Cheng, Stuart Taylor Jr., and myself.
1. More transparency in Harvard admissions
2. Increased use of endowment income to make Harvard more accessible
We are NOT conservative extremists: I voted twice for Obama, as did others on our slate.
We are NOT running against Affirmative Action. I support moderate admissions preferences, and I support diversity on campus. However, I am against preferences which are so large that they make it unlikely that the recipient of the preference can succeed in challenging courses at the university. Any admissions system has to be studied carefully to understand its consequences, and Harvard’s is no exception.
Latest posts by Stephen Hsu (see all)
- MSU Research Update (video) - April 17, 2019
- Interview with Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - April 17, 2019
- Precision Genomic Medicine and the UK - February 15, 2019