Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, July 31, 2017
Inviting you to review our newest regular feature, In Other Words, of biweekly policy-related readings from divergent voices across Michigan.
On the Left
- Why Your Religion Shouldn’t Be My Problem (link is external) From the blog Ramona’s Voices, a discussion on religious freedom.
- Governor Snyder, Please, It’s Time To Show Leadership In The Debate Over Trumpcare (link is external) From Eclectablog, a plea for vocal opposition to Trumpcare.
- Weaving A Wider Safety Net Is Good For All Kids (link is external) From the Michigan League for Public Policy blog Factually Speaking, an argument for stronger safety nets.
On the Right
- Public Education Not Easy To Define (link is external) From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog The MC, the difficulty in defining public education.
- Fox Conned (link is external) From Right MI, a look at the recent ‘Good Jobs’ bills and its impact on one company’s decision to relocate.
- How Many People Should Be In Prison? (link is external) From the Michigan Capitol Confidential blog, a discussion on prison populations.
Down the Middle
- Why Pittsburgh Is Booming (link is external) From the Michigan Future blog, a path to revival for rust-belt cities.
- In Times Like These, Scientist Says, Academics Shouldn’t Be Afraid To Get Political (link is external) From Michigan Public Radio’s Stateside, a discussion on academics’ role in the political debate.
- Grot Officially Launching Secretary Of State Campaign In August, Raises Over $70k Vs. Kowall’s $600 (link is external) From West Michigan Politics, a look at the upcoming Secretary of State campaign.