Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, October 6, 2017
- Summit Held For Ending Campus Sexual Assault(link is external) IPPSR affiliate Rebecca Campbell explains common trauma-responses in sexual assault victims.
- ‘Fake News’ Course Aims To Improve Media Consumption And Production(link is external) IPPSR affiliate William Dutton comments on the impact of ‘fake news.’
- Cooking Books: DOD, HUD Defrauded Taxpayers Of $21 Trillion From 1998 to 2015(link is external) IPPSR affiliate Mark Skidmore co-authors study on shady budget practices in the DOD and HUD.
- MSU Economist Weighs In On GOP Tax Plan(link is external) IPPSR affiliate Charles Ballard discusses potential winners and losers in proposed GOP tax plan.
- Mitchell Center Hosts Thomas Dietz In Lecture On Scientific Decision Making(link is external) IPPSR affiliate Thomas Dietz keynote speaker at recent sustainability lecture.
- Children Need Sleep For Success And A Bedtime Routine Can Help(link is external) IPPSR affiliate Holly Brophy-Herb discusses the importance of bedtime routines for children.
- The NRA Is A Powerful Political Force – But Not Because Of Its Money(link is external) IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann discusses the power of the NRA.
- Auto Insurance ‘Mandates’ Muddy Reform Debate(link is external) MPLP alumni and State Representative Donna Lasinski is quoted on auto-insurance reform efforts.
- Michigan Senate Says No To Local Taxes On Food, Chewing Gum(link is external) MPLP alumni and State Senator Peter Macgregor warns of economic failure as a result of certain local taxes.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.