Written by: Abbey Frazier
Primary Source: Michigan Policy Wonk Blog, April 27, 2018
On the Left
- Time’s Up, John Engler From Progress Michigan, John Engler’s history in handling sexual assault as Michigan Governor and more recently as MSU interim president.
- Earth Day: A Revisit From Ramona’s Voices, remembering the first Earth Day.
- Tax Day 2018: Celebrating The Contributions Of All Michiganders From the Michigan League for Public Policy blog Factually Speaking, tax contributions from Michigan’s immigrant population.
On the Right
- Michigan Voters Will Decide Marijuana Legalization After Speaker Leonard Says House Won’t Vote From West Michigan Politics, Republicans on the marijuana ballot initiative.
- Pfizer Profits $21.5 Billion In 2017, Gets $32 Million Tax Break From Small Michigan City From Michigan Capitol Confidential, local tax abatements for Pfizer in Portage.
- MEDC Is A Moth To A Failure Flame From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog The MC, bankruptcies after corporate subsidies in the Michigan Business Development Program.
Down the Middle
- Environmentalists Applaud Snyder Backed Plan To Clean Up Toxic Hot Spots From Politically Speaking, environmentalist support for Governor Snyder’s toxic waste plan.
- Homelessness And Michigan’s Children From Michigan Future Inc., evictions, poverty, and homelessness among Michigan’s children.
- What Are The Potential Cuts In The 2018 Farm Bill? From the Michigan Community Economic Development Association of Michigan blog, a look at reductions in the 2018 Farm Bill.
The following two tabs change content below.
Abbey entered the Masters in Public Policy program in the fall of 2016 and she currently works as a policy fellow for Michigan State’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research (IPPSR). She has also worked as a budget & policy analyst for the State Budget Office covering health and social welfare policy and financing since 2014. Abbey received her B.A. in economics from Michigan State in 2013.