Written by: Matthew Fletcher
Primary Source : Turtle Talk, May 18, 2018
The National Indian Law Library added new content to the Indian Law Bulletins on 5/17/18.
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Read the latest Tribal Supreme Court Project update published on 5/11/18.
Tribal Courts Bulletin
McClellan v. Grand Traverse Band Election Board and Petoskey (Tribal Elections)
Petoskey and Robert v. Grand Traverse Band Election Board (Tribal Elections)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin
- The 2017 Tax Act and Settlement Trusts [Alaska Law].
- Review: A new legal resource for Alaska.
- Breaking barriers to renewable energy production in the North American Arctic.
- “At Bears Ears we can hear the voices of our ancestors in every canyon on every mesa top”: The creation of the first native national monument.
- The small but powerful voice in American elections: A discussion of voting rights litigation on behalf of American Indians.
- Bears Ears: National monument or national controversy?
- Rebuilding trust? The Sand Creek Massacre and the Federal-Tribal Trust Relationship in Flute v. United States.
Federal Courts Bulletin
Alvin Van Pelt III v. Todd Giesen (Indian Civil Rights Act – Due Process)
State Courts Bulletin
Matter of Dependency of M.-A. F.-S. (Indian Child Welfare Act; Best Interests of the Child)
Matter of Welfare of S.R.K. (Indian Child Welfare Act; Minnesota Indian Family Preservation Act; Expert Testimony)
In the Economic Development section, we feature articles about the possible impacts of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling regarding sports gaming.
Latest posts by Matthew Fletcher (see all)
- Frank Pommersheim Symposium — Matthew Fletcher - June 18, 2019
- National Council of Urban Indian Health 2d Annual Conference - April 23, 2019
- On Fear, Parades of Horribles, and Emotionally Potent Oversimplifications in Tribal Rights Litigation - December 21, 2018